Monday 21 February 2011

Knives Chau Scarf

When I first watched the Scott Pilgrim movie, I said that I might have to make Knives' scarf. And I finally got round to doing it.






Starting point - movie Knives:





You can see the rolled edges, suggesting it's stocking (or stockingette, if you prefer) stitch. After a certain amount of squinting and measuring, I think the stripes are about 7-8cm long.

Lengthwise:





The first and last stripes are both black, and the scarf's almost floor length with one wrap around the neck.

Pattern!


I used 5.5mm needles, and two strands of DK (light worsted) yarn knitted together.

I did slipped edges (slip the first stitch of every row purlwise, knit the last stitch of every row), although the edges are rolled in, so it doesn't really matter.

Cast on 24 stitches in black.
Work 18 rows in stocking stitch.
Switch to white.
Work 18 rows in stocking stitch.
Continue until you have a total of 37 stripes, ending on a black stripe.
Cast off.

And this was the result:













If you liked the pattern, please consider making a donation - button can be found in the sidebar.

5 comments: